Why clever people live the longest
Radical theory suggests unseen hand of genetics is behind a higher IQ and longevity.
By Anjana Ahuja. Financial Times.
- High IQ and resistance to disease may go hand in hand according to new studies
- High IQ and longer life span holds true, even when lifestyle factors and high incomes are accounted for.
- The high IQ/longevity theory backs up the maxim, mens sana in corpore sano; a healthy mind, in a healthy body.
- The International Journal of Epidemiology published the following reasearch article: “The association between intelligence and lifespan is mostly genetic.”
- That cognitive ability is correlated with health is now beyond doubt.
Source: Financial Times