Discover your intellectual strengths
Brain Teaser - If you had a 5-litre and a 3-litre bowl and access to water. How would you measure exactly 4 liters?
Riddle: How many bricks does it take to complete a building made of brick?
It is possible to adopt behaviors that will increase memory performance at any level of current achievement. Here are some techniques that will sharpen your memory.
- Discover new facts and latest developments about topics that interest you. Find other people who are interested in the same area and share opinions and views.
- Find new and original ways to accomplish everyday tasks. In every learning process new regions of the brain are activated and reinforced. For example you can try brushing your teeth or buttoning your clothes with your other hand. You can also change your writing style or dress with your eyes closed.
- Books, seminars and documentaries are all significant educational resources that can have beneficial results. Board games such as chess can also help you maintain your brain's potential.
- Physical activity is also very important. Older people who walk at least 30 minutes a day usually have better long term memory recall and greater concentration.
- Certain foods contribute more than others towards the neural circuitry responsible for memory. The main characteristics of these foods is that they are content rich in antioxidants and vitamins.
Broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, lettuce, fruit and fruit juice, berries and olive oil
Cognitive science is the study of the brain mechanisms responsible for an individual’s thoughts, moods, decisions, and actions. Cognition refers to everything that takes place in an individual’s brain that helps him understand the world around him. To accomplish such an understanding involves mental processes such as concentration, memory, conceptualization, creativity, and emotions.
In his book The New Brain, Dr. Richard Restak uses the term “plasticity of the new brain” to refer to the capacity of the brain to transform itself. This is an incredibly exciting notion, and one that has endless positive ramifications.Read more
To go to or live in the country.
For the longest time, we're stuck in a cabin hewn out of the ground in a parcel of woods as the boys hide and mend; for another, we rusticate on a farm bounded by fields that must be tilled by the hard labor of man and beast.
Information is memorized more easily if learning periods are spaced out rather than crammed into a few study sessions. More material will be memorized if learning is spaced out and frequent breaks are made than if the same information is repeated over and over again in one study session.
Number puzzle Rearrange the squares to make a series.
Brain teaser - Fill the 5-litre bowl and overspill water to the 3-litre bowl, which you empty afterwards. From the 5-litre bowl overspill the 2 remaining liters into the 3-litre bowl. Refill the 5-litre bowl and fill in the 3-litre bowl (with 1 liter) so 4 liters remain in the 5-litre bowl.Riddle - Only one, the last one