Discover your intellectual strengths
It is said that to have a mastery of words is to have in one's possession the ability to produce order out of chaos, and that command of vocabulary is a true measure of intelligence. Verbal intelligence measures your capacity to use language in order to express yourself, comprehend stories and understand other people.
Verbal abilities include reading, writing and communicating with words. The verbal component of this test examines your vocabulary and your capacity to learn verbal material. It also measures your ability to employ verbal skills in reasoning and problem solving.
1. Rearrange the following letters to make a word and choose the category in which it fits.
2. Find the answer that best completes the analogy
people : democracy :: wealthy :
3. Find the answer that best completes the analogy
languages : meaning :: philology :
4. Which one of the sets of letters below can be arranged into a five letter English word?
5. What is the missing letter?
Explanation: Convert each letter to its numerical equivalent in the alphabet e.g. the letter "C" is assigned the number "3". Afterwards, for each row, multiply the numerical equivalents of the first two columns in order to calculate the letter in the third column.