1. Rearrange the following letters to
make a word and choose the category in which it fits.
Correct answer: bird (parakeet)
2. Find the answer that best completes
people : democracy :: wealthy :
Correct answer: plutocracy
3. Find the answer that best completes
languages : meaning :: philology :
Correct answer: semantics
4. Which one of the sets of letters
below can be arranged into a five letter English word.
A T R U N
P O D E B
R N A S L
M O H A T
E T L R N
Correct answer: R N A S L (snarl)
5. What is the missing letter?
Correct answer: H
letter to its numerical equivalent in the alphabet e.g. the
letter "C" is assigned the number "3". Afterwards, for each
row, multiply the numerical equivalents of the first two
columns in order to calculate the letter in the third column.
6. Find two words, one from each group, that are closest in
A. raise and elevate
B. raise and top
C. floor and basement
D. stairs and top
E. floor and elevate
Correct answer: raise and elevate